Academic English Tutor
We are looking for an experienced Academic English Tutor to join our University of Strathclyde International Study Centre. You’ll deliver our unique English module provision, teaching up to 6 groups of students. Our class sizes are on average between 10-15 students, giving you the opportunity to be innovative and creative, providing an engaging learning experience for these talents individuals. You’ll teach up to a maximum of 20 hours per week, whilst contributing to the development of materials and formative assessment, across both our undergraduate and pre-masters students. If you are a student centred teacher, looking for a unique and autonomous learning environment, then this is an opportunity not to be missed.
Our Strathclyde centre is based in the heart of Glasgow in an alluring University Campus. The centre offers run three programmes: International Foundation, Year One, and Pre-Masters, and has excellent student outcomes and feedback. The team are all friendly and professional, promoting a collective mentality, regularly sharing our ideas and methods.
- Delivering modules (through teaching) to international students studying on programmes offered by the Centre and assisting with the development of modules.
- Preparing module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, marking and providing feedback to students, including re-sit examinations.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the Centre’s virtual learning environment (VLE). Facilitating student access to same.
- Providing input for related modules to the annual review and reporting process.
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance.
- Providing, when/if required, academic learning support to a small number of students.
- Participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff.
- You will be a student centred Tutor, with experience teaching English for Academic Purposes.
- A DELTA/MA TESOL or equivalent is highly desirable, however, a CELTA with experience would also be considered.
- Experience teaching small classes or seminars would be highly desirable, ideally in a Higher Education environment.
- You’ll be proficient in the use of learning technologies.
- A student centred, innovative and creative teaching practice.
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, working in partnership with a number of Top Tier University Partners. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
Please apply via the link.