Staff Development Apprentice
The role will support the Colleges overall Talent Management strategy and will undertake the day to day activities of continual professional development and training administration.
To contribute to and work within the Human Resources Team through the provision of a proactive and effective cross College training and continual professional development administration service.
Take a proactive approach in ensuring our employees have the knowledge, training and motivation to carry out their work activities efficiently and in line with best practice.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to a culture of effective training and developmental that develops internal talent.
- You will also be an integral part of the HR team who are developing talent development programmes for internal staff to help them develop their careers.
- Support the implementation of staff development programmes to help promote and retain staff.
- Data entry, gathering/presenting numerical/statistical training data, to prepare reports and to monitor staff training as appropriate.
- Providing support by updating training materials.
- Monitoring and updating staff on eLearning training systems.
- Communicating delegate joining instructions.
- Co-ordinating and booking of training venues, transport and accommodation.
- Monitoring and facilitating qualifications and enrolments onto the Levy.
- Ensure that employee records are accurately maintained by updating the HR database with all staff details relating to training and developmental activities.
- Provide administrative and organisational support for the wider HR team to ensure timely, efficient and engaging delivery of all training / development programmes and activities.
- Maintain, revise and develop relevant paperwork and audit files to ensure compliance with relevant policies, procedure and legislation and to ensure a best practice approach is adopted.
- Work proactively to contribute to the development of the HRIS including management information, HR and administration systems that increase efficiency and respond to management and customer need. Support the coordination and recording of accurate data within these systems.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Work flexibly to cover other members of the team when absent.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required, specifically in respect of the overall administrative support of the department.
Closing Date: Monday 29th April 2019
Interview Date: Friday 3rd May 2019
Telford College of Arts and Technology is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Please apply via the link.