Lecturer - Fishery Management and Aquaculture HE
A Lecturer is required to join the successful Fishery Studies team at University Centre Sparsholt. Applicants will have a broad knowledge in aquaculture and, both freshwater and marine fishery management subjects supported by a research background. Additionally, some experience of dissertation supervision, experimental design and data analysis would be beneficial. The successful candidate will deliver on both theory and practical sessions to undergraduate and post-graduate students. Candidates should have previous teaching experience and an appropriate teaching qualification, or willingness to attain.
This post is based at the Sparsholt campus (Winchester).
Closing Date: 06 May 2019
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
- Death benefit grant of 3 X salary if in the pension scheme
- Free on- site parking
- Car Share Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
- Flexible Working Policy
- Holiday entitlement of 42 days plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part-time staff)
- Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
- Free cash point facility
- Free Library membership
- On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per year)
- Gym classes on the Sparsholt campus
- You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
- Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey
- Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
- Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
- Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications.
- Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider.
To apply, please complete the attached application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org