Media and Communications Officer
Ravensbourne is exceptional. A world-class digital destination developing talented individuals and leading edge businesses though learning, skills, applied research, enterprise and innovation. We are based at Greenwich Peninsula in an iconic building next to The O2. Our aim is to become a portal for talent across London driving growth in the knowledge economy and creative industries.
The postholder will support the media and communications manager with press and communications activities, enhancing Ravensbourne’s reputation and delivering key internal communications. This role will also help deliver content which encourages recruitment.
- Supporting the media and communications manager with public relations plans by writing news releases (at times to tight deadlines), selling stories into key publications, planning and implementing campaigns, monitoring and logging coverage and nurturing relationships with journalists.
- Management and coordination of the weekly internal staff/student newsletter as well as assisting with additional key internal communications, sometimes pertaining to sensitive matters.
- Support the Marketing Team by creating, proofreading and repurposing content to encourage the recruitment of students in line with the directorate strategy.
- Publishing website and intranet content using our CMS, working closely with the digital content manager to ensure content meets upload guidelines and is optimised for search engines.
- Management of our social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, Weibo and WeChat, regularly evaluating analytics and making recommendations for improvement.
- Management of digital campus signage, ensuring the display of appropriate and timely messaging in support of university objectives.
- Must have knowledge or experience of how media channels operate, how to gain PR coverage for an organisation and how to sell stories to feature writers, news desks and relevant trade journalists.
- Must have knowledge or experience of internal communications and its importance. Have an understanding of planning and implementing communication and marketing plans and evaluation.
- Must have excellent writing skills, an eye for detail and the ability to write to tight deadlines. They must also be able to repurpose and create creative content to attract students to Ravensbourne.
Closing date: 6th May 2019
Interviews: 15th and 16th May 2019
We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community in our desire to reflect the diversity of the community we serve
If you are disabled and want to know more about job opportunities at Ravensbourne, please email our advice line on email@example.com.
Please apply via the link.