Learning Support Manager
The key responsibility of the Learning Support Manager is to ensure that College policy and practice linked to Learning Support enables the ALS team to both understand the additional learning needs of our students and to provide the timely, relevant support needed to address potential barriers to learning and enable students to experience success.
The role of the Learning Support Manager will be to support the strategic vision and operational objectives of the Head of Student Development and Support with a key focus on Additional Learning Support.
You will coordinate and performance manage the contributions of the ALS team in line with targets set by the Head of Student Development and Support. In accordance with the regulatory expectations and recognised standards of good practice and in collaboration with the Student Development Manager, ensure ALS provision is implemented in a coherent and effective manner.
Closing Date: Thursday 25th April 2019
As the successful candidate you will have
- A relevant degree.
- Experience of working under the SEN code of Practice.
- Experience of effectively line managing staff.
- Experience of quality monitoring ALS provision.
- Experience of delivering 1:1 support for students with SEN.
- Ability to pragmatically and diplomatically manage challenging situations.
- Ability to manage own workload and approach tasks innovatively.
- Highly organised with the ability to problem solve and prioritise effectively.
Please apply via the link.