Do you want to inspire and support the next generation?
Are you looking for a new challenge with excellent benefits?
North Warwickshire & Hinckley College is part of North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College – one of the largest and most successful colleges in the region. The College understands the importance of recruiting talented and passionate staff that are central to all College achievements and are the driving force in the success of our learners.
The Position: We’re looking for a Systems Developer.
Requirements for the role:
- Ideally a degree in an IT / computer-related discipline, with adequate experience in using large scale commercial data systems.
- An excellent understanding of database systems (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server), SQL, Microsoft Business Intelligence, Microsoft SharePoint, IT networks (WIFI, WAN, LAN), PC compatible hardware, software and peripherals.
- A demonstrable understanding and practical knowledge of PHP, system development methodologies such as Agile and frameworks such as MVC.
Responsibilities for the role:
- To support the integration of the core College systems by providing support mechanisms for the successful delivery of teaching, learning and assessment, and where appropriate, other bespoke College systems.
- To liaise with curriculum and business areas to ascertain and inform of development possibilities and requirements and to manage and implement these as part of the Development team to ensure processes, procedures and systems are streamlined and effective.
- To lead on providing the systems analysis and requirements of a “fit-for-purpose” cross College CRM system capable of ingesting data from multiple sources (e.g. MIS, Business Development, Finance) and allowing for future modular addition/modification.
The Location: The College is based in Nuneaton. This is a great place to live with plenty of social and sport facilities together with great transport links.
Why Should You Apply?
- We offer great holidays and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- We also offer staff development opportunities
Please apply via the link.