The main purpose of this post is to deliver an outstanding Hospitality & Catering provision to learners on levels 1, 2, 3 courses, in addition to developing routes into apprenticeships, traineeships and Higher Education level 4 and 5.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Undertake curriculum planning and delivery, coordinating, liaising, and informing other staff as appropriate with the support of other Lecturers and Learner Manager.
- Prepare learning materials of a high professional standard to match assessment criteria for the above as required.
- Work flexibly to ensure that the commercial activities of the restaurant are met, including evenings, weekends and where required.
- Be actively involved in developing, implementing new facilities in the Orange Tree including plans for an innovative approach to public service.
- Promptly mark and assessing students' work, in line with College policies and procedures.
- Prepare schemes of work, lesson plans and assessment strategies for the above.
- Contribute to the development of engaging teaching and learning materials and methods including e-learning.
- Carry out tutorial responsibilities as required.
- Interview and screen new learners and continue to assess and monitor student progress throughout their programme of study.
- Maintain up to date course files, resources and data, on Pro Monitor and Moodle, carry out audits to check quality and ensure standards are suitable for internal and external verification purposes.
- Maintain learner details on Pro Monitor, including attendance, tracking of progress and achievement.
- Maintain course targets on Pro Monitor, including enrichment, added value, and progression.
- Attend team meetings and internal standardisation meetings.
- Liaise with parents, carers, employers, sponsors, managing agents and other agencies, (including work-based training contractors), as required.
- Represent the College where appropriate with external organisations.
- Contribute actively to the planning and management of change, being aware of resourcing issues. Consider the development and growth of the curriculum through The Orange Tree restaurant.
- Undertake other course or teaching duties as requested by the relevant line manager or Principal as appropriate.
- Implement and manage student programmes and awards.
- Work within a designated budget, ensuring quality of student learning while minimising waste.
- Maintain Quality Assurance procedures.
- Undertake Internal Verifier/ Standards Moderator role as required.
Telford College of Arts and Technology is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Closing Date: 23rd April 2019
Interview Date: 1st May 2019
Please apply via the link.