A Level Physics Lecturer
Established in 2018, the 7th form is a new concept which extends the traditional school 6th form model so that A level students may prepare more fully for their lifelong careers. Spanning the entire Walker Building at Telford College, the 7th Form offers students a wide ranging A level provision taught by specialist teachers from a variety of academic backgrounds. Students have access to the virtual reality suite where they can immerse themselves in real-life scenarios as well as an innovative career mentoring program though which students can gain advice and support to achieve their career ambitions.
The purpose of this role is to:
- Deliver outstanding Physics provision to a wide range of learners, through an exceptional student experience leading to positive achievement outcomes.
- Undertake a range of administrative and development duties that contribute to improving standards and achievements and the learner experience.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Deliver and teach AS and A2 Level Physics to agreed success targets.
- Deliver and teach BTEC Science to agreed success targets.
- Regularly review and monitor the attendance and progress of learners and follow up as required to ensure learners achieve their targets.
- Carry out, collate and feedback initial and/or diagnostic assessments to identify students’ ILP and support as required, providing differentiated learning strategies to enable students to achieve their primary learning goal.
- Provide assignment and assessment material appropriate to each specific programme.
- Evaluate and assess (formative and summative) the work of learners in relation to the curriculum criteria and provide timely constructive and helpful learner feedback.
- Maintain quality systems related to the teaching of Physics including designing work schemes, lesson plans, assessment plans and assessment activities.
- Attend curriculum meetings and contribute to the continual quality improvement mechanisms (e.g. maintenance of course files, timely updating of ILPs on ProMonitor).
- Develop quality resources (including e-resources) which support the development of Physics.
- Actively develop and use new technology in teaching, learning and assessment.
- Prepare and enter learners for exams in a timely basis.
- Liaise with Head of 7th Form including attending IV and standardisation meetings.
- Actively support the embedding of English and Maths into vocational areas and participate in curriculum development regarding the teaching and learning of Physics.
- Keep up to date with current developments and adapt to changes in Physics.
- Share in responsibility for ensuring good standards of students' behaviour and take appropriate disciplinary action when liaising with course tutors.
- Take an active part in the recruitment of learners providing appropriate advice and guidance.
- Liaise whenever appropriate with feeder schools and support agencies.
- Contribute to the advice and guidance and assessment of prospective learners, e.g. student interviews and open days.
- Contribute to course marketing activities.
Telford College of Arts and Technology is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Closing Date: 23rd April 2019
Interview Date: 2nd May 2019
Please apply via the link.