Hours: 15 hours per week
Location: Multiple sites
Nottingham College is one of the largest further education colleges in the country creating opportunities for employment and progression to higher education for the people of Nottingham and Nottinghamshire; raising their prosperity and that of the local economy.
An opportunity has arisen within the Adult Functional Skills team for an experienced English tutor who is able to:
- Contribute towards the delivery of a high quality educational experience for all students. To plan, prepare and deliver teaching sessions and academic tutorials, alongside marking, assessing and recording students’ progress.
- To contribute to and participate in quality assurance initiatives as appropriate, which will include classroom observation activities.
- Motivate and inspire individual students to exceed their expectations and goals. Ensure learners produce the highest level of work and are empowered to take ownership of their studies to achieve excellent results.
- Ensure learners are equipped with the skills and abilities necessary for them to progress to further study or work.
- Collaborate with Faculty colleagues to ensure a dynamic and responsive curriculum offer is delivered to the highest quality.
- Ensure all opportunities for employer involvement and support is maximised for the benefit of our students.
- Collaborate with colleagues in developing, implementing and evaluating innovative strategies to enhance the student experience at Nottingham College.
For further details on this post which the job description and person specification cannot answer for you, please contact Carl Ara on 0115 914 6287 or email Carl.Ara@Nottinghamcollege.ac.uk.
The closing date is 26th April 2019
Interviews/assessments are planned for 1st – 3rd May 2019
Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
Please be aware that the College is currently undertaking job evaluation on all roles and implementing a new pay and grading system and new contractual documentation. Applicants should be aware that the advertised salary for this role represents the salary at the point of advertising but that this may change under the new pay and grading system.
Please be aware that this job is offered on Nottingham College terms and conditions of employment.
Please apply via the link.