Professional Services Administrator
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education, and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are.
Our Lancaster University International Study Centre is looking for a Professional Services Assistant to provide administrative assistance and lend support to the Professional Services Manager.
As our Professional Services Assistant you will play a pivotal role in the student journey, combining a mixture of administrative and customer service focused responsibilities. Dealing with the distractions of working in a busy and dynamic Study Centre while working well to instruction is vital, as is managing your time effectively while keeping our community of international students at the heart of everything you do.
Lancaster University International Study Centre is surrounded by unspoilt countryside, well embedded within the University Campus. Successful candidates will have full access to state of the art facilities, and will become honorary members of the faculty of a triple top ten UK University (based on 2019 rankings).
- Data entry on spreadsheets and databases
- Dealing with internal and external mail
- Filing and keeping student records up-to-date
- Deal with students day-to-day enquiries
- Assisting in the monitoring of student attendance
- Assisting on induction events and other events if required.
- To filter student enquiries, directing them appropriately within the ISC to the Centre Director, Head of Curriculum and Progression, Head of English, Professional Services Manager or Tutors
- Process student payments
- Maintain noticeboards
- Communicate effectively with staff, students and visitors to the ISC
- To act as a “runner” taking messages, contacting students as appropriate and when required, as well as trips to the Post Office and shop for stationery and general supplies when required
- Any other duties as may be required by the Professional Services Manager
- Effective numeracy and literacy skills (GCSE Maths and English)
- Ability to use IT systems and packages, in particular Microsoft Office
- Experience of working in a busy office environment in Further or Higher Education
- Ability to deal with information sensitively and confidentially
- Excellent interpersonal and customer focused skills
- Experience of accurately inputting to databases, spreadsheets and maintaining electronic records
- Demonstrates the ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people
- Experience of dealing with international students or working in an international environment
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.
Please apply via the link.