Project Tutor (Engineering and IT)
Study Group believes in building a better world through education. We believe we offer unparalleled opportunities for international students, and in this role you’ll play a key part in delivering that message.
As part of our mission to attract more students from sub-Saharan Africa, in this job you’ll travel multiple countries, visiting schools and delivering “mock” classes to potential students in our target subject areas of Engineering & IT. It’s a chance for you to experience new cultures and work with highly influential figures within the schools. A great opportunity to combine professional development with a personal adventure!
It's estimated that this project will be for a period of 3 months, starting late April.
You’ll deliver workshops in your specialist area, aiming at all times to be an ambassador of Study Group and our UK-based International Study Centres (ISCs), bringing our ISC model “to life”, and promoting the value we add as an organisation.
Training on Study Group’s UK portfolio will be given.
- A Bachelor degree in the relevant subject area
- A Master’s qualification
- Teaching qualification (desirable)
- An experienced Tutor in the relevant subject area (desirable)
- Experience of teaching in UK higher or further education and experience of working with international students (desirable)
- Ability to develop and update teaching material
- Competence in teaching
- A student-centred and client-focused approach
- A commitment to continuous professional development
- Strong record-keeping skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines
About Study Group
Study Group is a global leader in preparing students for international academic success and rewarding careers through a transformational learning experience. Our global recruitment teams enrolled over 30,000 students from 142 countries in 2018. The universities we work with trust us to increase their international footprint, access student diversity and provide assured progression, so they can continue to focus on academic excellence.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Please apply via the link.