Lander Automotive - Manufacturing Apprentice
Employer: Lander Automotive Ltd
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 24 June 2019
Working week: Rotating shifts. For the first 8 weeks the hours are 7.00am to 3.00pm, Mon to Thurs and 7.00am to 1.00pm on a Friday. Rotating shifts following that will be Mon to Thurs 06.00-2.00 or 2.00-10.00. Fridays 06.00-12.00 or 12.00-6.00. Total hours per week: 38.00.
Reporting to the Team Leader (Operations) you will be responsible for achieving production targets, and reporting production issues when applicable using recognised Company procedures. Supporting the team leader to ensure the overall smooth running of the area.
This apprenticeship programme is initially for 1 year and 1 day. For the right apprentices at the end of the first year there will be opportunities for another contract for 18 months, working towards a Level 3 qualification.
You will join a new and exciting group of Apprentices within a world leading manufacturing organisation, supplying the Automotive Industry. During the duration of the Apprenticeship, you will spend your time gaining practical experience and developing your theoretical knowledge, along with obtaining formal qualifications, which are recognised and fully transferrable within the manufacturing sector.
You will be working in multiple manufacturing areas within the business, which are fast paced and sometimes physically demanding, producing finished components to the correct quality standard, time and time again.
You will perform production related tasks to the highest quality, relying on your excellent attention to detail. You will need both excellent written and verbal skills as your ability to follow instructions and work within a team will be vital.
Key activities will comprise:
- Ensure the correct PPE is worn by all within the area
- Operating production line equipment like Bend, End Form, Drill, Press, and Wash machines
- Assembling items on a production line included but not limited to armrests, fluid, air, coolant pipes etc.
- Record and monitor Non-Conforming Material for disposal
- Reporting equipment faults quickly in line with production procedures
- Complete hourly target checks to ensure cell production metrics are achieved and record on the relevant documentation
- Follow standardised work instructions and procedures to achieve quality and throughput targets
- Monitoring production processes and carrying out and recording basic testing and quality checks
- Packing goods in line with procedures and company Packaging Instructions
- 5S – Maintain a high standard of housekeeping and cleanliness in your areas and adherence to 5S controls
- Any other duties or projects the Company decide that you are needed to support to meet the objectives of the business in the long or short term
This position will be part of a team ensuring that Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Morale, and Environment targets are met and maintained. Punctuality and attendance are key attributes of the Engineering Apprentice role and are core accountabilities.
The post holder will come into contact with a variety of employees during their daily activities, notably:
- Production/Operations team members – Daily
- Team Leader – Daily
- Group Leader – Daily
- Logistics – Daily
- Technicians – Daily
- All other departments – as and when required
- GCSEs or equivalents
- Good written and spoken English
- An Apprenticeship in Improving Operational Performance is designed to help you progress your career within the manufacturing industry
- The qualifications are related to job roles such as: Manufacturing Semi Skilled Operator, Engineering Semi Skilled Operative and Plant Operator
- For the right candidates, there will be opportunities for permanent positions after the completion of the apprenticeship and a potential to develop an amazing career in a World Class organisation
Things to consider
Free Transport provided for the first 8 Weeks (including the 4 week Pre – Apprenticeship Induction Programme at Dudley College).
Prior to the 24th June date for the PMO Apprenticeship, you will be required to attend a Lander Information/Assessment session at Dudley College on the afternoon of Tuesday 7th May at 1.00 pm.
In addition, you will also be required to attend a Pre – Apprenticeship Induction Programme at Dudley College for 4 weeks starting on Monday 13th May 2019.
Attendance & Punctuality:
- Be aware that due to the shift patterns, you will need to research transport links to the Employers location to ensure attendance and punctuality standards are not compromised
- This position will be governed by Company Procedures, Goals and Objectives related to Quality standards, production targets and relevant legislation. The candidate should possess the ability to understand processes as appropriate
- This role does have limited access to sensitive and confidential information, related to customers, products, suppliers
Meeting Deadlines/Pressure of Work:
- The position will require deadlines to be met consistently especially related to production/delivery and quality targets
For more information or to apply, please click the link.