Employer: Darman Construction Services Ltd
Apprenticeship level: Advanced
Apprenticeship duration: 3 years
Possible start date: 07 May 2019
Working week: Monday - Thursday, 07:00-16:00. Friday, 07:00-15:00. Total hours per week: 40.
Performs a combination of following tasks in foundry concerned with melting metal, pouring metal into moulds, removing castings and dressing castings, moving foundry materials, and cleaning equipment and work areas: Moves sand, castings, flasks, or other materials about foundry by hand, using wheelbarrow or cart, or by loading them onto conveyor.
The successful applicants will be primarily involved in the assembly of furnace equipment.
This will involve:
- Precision brick laying
- Dry lining
- Casting refractory materials and other ancillary work
The individual would learn will be learning:
- Sand casting - mould making and core making
- Making die casting molten metal
- Working in a foundry environment
- 3 GCSEs grades A-C (9-4) including maths and English (not essential if the right person applies).
Progression within the company.
Things to consider
During your training you may be required to travel to other ECMS specialist training centres located in Wolverhampton University Springfield Campus, Tipton and West Bromwich.
For more information or to apply, please click the link.