Apprentice Quality Technician
Employer: Norton Cast Products Ltd
Apprenticeship level: Advanced
Apprenticeship duration: 3 years
Possible start date: 07 May 2019
Working week: Monday - Thursday between 8:00 am to 5.00 pm and Friday 8:00 am to 2:00 pm. Total hours per week: 39.75.
Inspect castings, issue certification, administer business systems particularly ISO9001, attend quality meetings, provide quality documents to customers, support manufacturing, administer customer complaints, report KPI.
Working within a Steel Foundry, as quality technician:
- Producing documents to confirm castings or processes meet customer requirements
- Supporting the quality manager by administering ISO 9001 management systems
- Compiling key performance indicator information
- Providing quality documentation to customers
- Administering customer complaints
- GCSE Mathematics grade: A-C/9-4 or equivalents
- GCSE English grade: A-C/9-4 or equivalents
Future prospects for any apprentice would be progression into supervisory or managerial positions within the business.
Additional training offered both during and following apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Potential physical work. Limited travel required but may be desirable in the future if visiting customers or suppliers.
For more information or to apply, please click the link.