Foundry Technician Apprentice
Employer: Meighs and Westleys Limited
Apprenticeship level: Advanced
Apprenticeship duration: 3 years
Possible start date: 06 May 2019
Working week: Monday - Thursday between 7:30 am to 4.00 pm and Friday 7:30 am to 12:40 pm. Total hours per week: 39.00.
We are seeking apprentices suitable for various roles across the site from Foundry Operatives to Patternmaker.
This is an Elite Centre for Manufacturing Skills employer vacancy.
We are seeking 6 apprentices looking to progress in all of the following Foundry Operative roles; Moulders/Turners, Fitter and Patternmaker.
- Performs any combination of following tasks in foundry
- Pattern Manufacturing and understanding of pattern equipment, materials etc.
- Pattern location
- Making sand moulds
- Moving foundry material, keeping the work place tidy
- Moves sand, castings, flasks, or other materials about foundry
- Material compositions
Working alongside specific mentors, gaining an understanding of engineering, metallurgy and the associated casting methods. Gaining skills both new and old.
- Learn and understand the foundry industry
- Understand pattern equipment and how it works
- Understand how the sand is mixed to make suitable moulds
- Materials and how they behave at different temperatures
- How to make a good quality casting
For more information or to apply, please click the link.