Learning Coach - Inclusive Learning
Our Inclusive Learning team have an opportunity to join them as a learning coach.
As a Learning Coach, you will be supporting students throughout their time studying at Milton Keynes College. You will be holding 1:1 tutorials with students, involving them in Workshops and Study Support Sessions as well as providing them with the knowledge and skills for employment, ensuring that they will leave the College “Work Ready”. You will be advising students on progression opportunities, including apprenticeships, Higher Education and employment applications.
The learning coaches within the Inclusive learning team are committed to developing our students to achieve their highest potential through their chosen subject, whilst learning invaluable skills to support them in their future. The team challenge our students to be themselves — creative, imaginative and fantastic individuals. Their shared goal is for each student to leave the College with the tools to progress and to get the best out of their future lives. The Inclusive Learning programmes offer choices for students with learning difficulties and disabilities to develop independent living and work skills in a friendly, supportive and fun learning environment.
Students within Inclusive Learning can expect to experience learning in the classroom, out in the community and in our new horticultural centre, with the opportunity to look after animals and run independent projects. You will be joining a team dedicated to delivering the best possible learning environment for each individual student. We also have a permanent Inclusive Living Flat, in which students can learn skills they will need in daily life to be able to be independent, such as changing and making the bed, washing up and cooking meals.
As a successful candidate you will have
- An ability to develop a high quality learning and student support environment that leads to sustained student learning
- An ability to engage and motivate students to deliver high performance outcomes in a further education environment
- The capacity to question, challenge, analyse and contextualise student performance to ensure success
- The experience to know when and how to make interventions to ensure student progress is successful and sustainable
- Experience of raising students’ ambition through coaching and target setting
Please apply via the link.