Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education, and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are.
We are looking for an experienced EAP Tutor to join our Leeds International Study Centre. In this job, you’ll have the opportunity to deliver our unique EAP module provision, working from our high end facilities and with modern learning technology. As a Tutor, you’ll teach groups across our International Foundation Year (Level 3) and our International Year One (Level 4) programmes. You’ll have the opportunity to work with students from across the world, and we’ll ensure that you have the guidance, support, and professional development required.
Our EAP class sizes are on average between 10-15 students, giving Tutors the opportunity to be innovative whilst providing an engaging EAP teaching that provides a world class learning experience. In this job, you’ll teach up to a maximum of 25 hours per week, whilst having the chance of contributing to the development of materials and formative assessment. If you are a student centred Tutor looking for a unique and autonomous learning environment, then this is an opportunity not to be missed.
- You will deliver high quality teaching of EAP modules to groups of international students on our International Foundation (Level 3) and Pre-Masters’ (Level 6) programmes.
- You will undertake marking and feedback provision on formative and summative basis, whilst complying with Quality Standards and Processes
- You will have the opportunity to support the development of students’ independent learning
- To maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
- To participate in regular meetings with teaching and support staff
- To monitor and offer ongoing academic support to designated groups of students.
- A minimum of a CELTA qualification.
- A DELTA would be hugely advantageous with a Trinity College Dip. TESOL or a PGCE including TESOL with related experience also considered.
- Substantial experience teaching EAP, ideally in a Higher Education learning environment.
- Competitive salaries
- A 30-day holiday (For full time) allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.
Please apply via the link.