Teacher, Computer Programmer in Digital and IT
Leeds City College is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1200 employees and over 35,000 students. Offering a diverse curriculum within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment, our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
You can be part of building an exceptional Digital and I.T. school in Leeds.
This is an amazing opportunity for you as a programmer to work with ambitious and talented staff at our amazing new Printworks Campus in Leeds. The school of Digital and I.T. is ambitious and expanding and we are looking for exceptional teachers who share our vision for an inclusive and diverse education for all students. We want people who embrace a culture of high expectation and success and who believe in a connected future for our learners.
The new school of Digital and I.T. was formed this year to create new connected digital career pathways to industry and higher education for school leavers and adults in Leeds and the wider region. Embracing creative computing, digital skills, industry 4.0, next gen technologies and emerging information technologies, the curriculum runs across levels 1 to 6, including Foundation Degrees and Level 3 and 4 apprenticeships.
As part of Leeds City College, the school of Digital and I.T. shares a common philosophy that runs through every department: a commitment to high quality, challenging, experiential education and amazing teaching, learning and assessment that energises students and drives their success.
Please apply if you are a teacher, or training to be a teacher, and you have:
- An ambitious, motivated, innovative, “whatever it takes” and “no excuses” approach to the highest attainment and behaviour standards for all students, regardless of their background
- Modern programming and scripting languages, SDE and SDK integration and mobile/online app development
- A sense of moral purpose as a learner-centred professional
- A conscientious and evidence-based approach to your work, completing tasks efficiently and to a high standard, including research, planning and assessment of the curriculum
- A willingness to accept feedback from all stakeholders including students, parents, staff and other professionals, with a desire to be reflective and analytical of your own practice with an ethos of continual professional development and improvement
- The ability to solve problems creatively to tight deadlines; a great practitioner with passion, originality and flair
Leeds City College is committed to Equality of Opportunity (ensuring everyone is treated fairly) and safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants are required to complete an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check as well as mandatory pre-employment checks which may also include checking social media profiles. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Please apply via the link.