Lecturer - Prison Education (Art)
Do you like working in a challenging but rewarding environment where each day is different and time flies?
Are you an enthusiastic and talented teacher/tutor who is looking to transform lives through learning?
Have you ever thought of a career in Prison Education?
Milton Keynes College Prison Education Teams are seeking experienced Lecturers/Tutors to deliver a variety of accredited and non-accredited qualifications to a diverse group of learners, helping to build their confidence, develop their skills and achieve within a college environment. The College are looking for candidates interested in variable hours, on a sessional basis, who are keen to explore Prison Education as their employment.
Sessional requirements can be varying and change frequently so flexible availability is essential. Requirements can range from short notice short term cover to longer term sickness cover or recruitment gaps and anything in between. If you hold qualifications or expertise in more than one area – for example: English, Maths and ESOL, this could give you the opportunity to cover across multiple courses and as a result the potential for more cover hours. (Please note curriculum areas do vary slightly from site to site.)
A teaching qualification would be desirable, however those willing to work towards a teaching qualification who hold supporting subject specialism or industry experience would also be considered. If you are a passionate person with the capacity to become a great teacher we can provide the training to help you achieve your full potential, just as we expect to be able to help our students achieve theirs.
Milton Keynes College Prison Education team are currently looking for individuals with the below skill sets to support their curriculum delivery at 19 prisons nationwide.
- Art – Entry to Level 2
This is an ideal opportunity for a dedicated trainer / lecturer / teacher to deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and delivery. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated individual, with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can thrive upon working within a challenging yet rewarding environment, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses. You will be a team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Experience embedding Maths, English, E&D and Employability is essential, in order to successfully deliver the curriculum.
This is an exciting time for prison education and a great opportunity to experience prison teaching as a sessional tutor with potential to be covering part or full time hours. Prison education runs all year round, all day Monday-Thursday and generally until lunchtime on a Friday. Delivery hours can range from 5-6.5 per day split across two long lessons, within an overall 08:00-17:00 day (please note these timings do vary slightly from site to site).
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant Degree or Vocational qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification or above or willing to work towards with supporting subject specialism.
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven record of accomplishment of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.