Pre-Sessional EAP Tutor
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education, and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are.
Would you like to be involved with a centre that takes pride in developing their EAP pre-sessional Tutors, whilst conducting a well-structured and less demanding way of teaching?
It’s that exciting time of year when we open up our doors to some of the most talented, motivated, and passionate Tutors from all over the country. The University of Huddersfield International Study Centre is inviting applications for EAP tutors to join our busy pre-sessional EAP programme starting on June 4th and running for 12 weeks till August 24th, including one week for marking till Aug. 31st. You would be required for any of the 4 intakes at 12, 8, 6 and 4 weeks and must be available for the duration of the course once started.
Working in collaboration with the University of Huddersfield, we are a successful Study Centre, working with a large number of students from all over the world. You will have the opportunity to work in an autonomous and innovative learning environment, full of talented and enthusiastic Tutors in a centre that is a key part of the wider global Study Group network.
We’d love you to showcase a clear passion for International Education, as well as a positive attitude and an eagerness to learn and develop. We take pride in working with Tutors that provide the highest quality of EAP to our students, so we would also like to see the following qualifications and experience:
- You will deliver high quality teaching of EAP modules to groups of international students on our International Foundation (Level 3) and Pre-Masters’ (Level 6) programmes
- You will undertake marking and feedback provision on formative and summative basis, whilst complying with Quality Standards and Processes
- You will have the opportunity to support the development of students’ independent learning
- To maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
- To participate in regular meetings with teaching and support staff
- CELTA qualification.
- A DELTA would be hugely advantageous with a Trinity College Dip. TESOL or a PGCE including TESOL with related experience also considered
- Substantial experience teaching EAP, ideally in a Higher Education learning environment
- Competitive salaries
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
Please apply via the link.