Our Kingston University International Study Centre is looking for a Business Tutor to join the Business team. Teaching on our Pre-Masters programme you will provide innovative, engaging, and student centred lessons to our small classes, that average around 10-15 students. You’ll also have the opportunity to teach on the International Year 1 programme (Level 4) teaching covering a number of Economics modules. This will be a variable hour contract offering you around 16 hours teaching per week.
You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to the design, delivery, and development of units and teaching sessions, as well as prepare and deliver teaching lectures, seminars, and tutorials. If you are enthusiastic about Business and Management, and with a passion for teaching international students, then this is a unique opportunity that shouldn’t be missed.
Our Kingston University International Study Centre is a high achieving, fast-paced, and forward-thinking centre that has experienced some very exciting growth. Based in the centre of the beautiful Kingston University campus, the centre offers excellent modern facilities and is only a short commute from London.
- You will deliver high quality teaching of modules to groups of international students at Pre-Masters’ levels but there may be opportunities to also teach on the foundation modules
- You will undertake marking and feedback provision on formative and summative basis, whilst complying with Quality Standards and Processes
- You will have the opportunity to support the development of students’ independent learning
- To provide module feedback to a relevant module coordinator
- To maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
- To participate in regular meetings with teaching and support staff
- A proven ability to teach Business and Management at Level 6
- Adequate teaching experience, in UK higher, further education or sixth form context, or other EAP experience
- A minimum of a Masters Degree in Business or a relevant subject. A teaching qualification or a PhD is highly desirable
- Experience of working with international students is desirable but not essential
- Experience, and a positive track record, of working with staff teams, evaluating performance and identifying development needs
- Ability to develop and update teaching material and preferably experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment (e.g. Blackboard)
- Experience teaching basic Economics would be desirable
- Competitive salaries
- A 30-day holiday (For full time) allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
Please apply via the link.