Apprentice Commis Chef (L2)
Employer Name: Fuller Smith & Turner Plc (The Harpenden Arms)
Working Week: Days and shifts TBC
Duration: 12 Months
Possible Start Date: 06/05/2019
Do you see yourself working as a Commis Chef in one of the best and most established Fuller's kitchens across the South of England? This would be your chance to develop and train using the freshest ingredients to the highest standards.
Fullers are offering a fantastic opportunity for those that want to learn whilst earning and develop their culinary skills to the highest standard.
Working in a Fullers Kitchen is exciting and challenging but with a full team to support and mentor you, you will develop a rich understanding of all dishes, as well as a passion for the fresh and delicious produce that we use.
In a Fuller's kitchen you will be preparing food and carrying out basic cooking tasks in every section of the kitchen under the supervision of the Head/Sous chef.
Duties to include:
- Food Preparation: Supporting the running of a section; preparation of meat, fish, poultry, vegetables and sauces as part of the kitchen brigade
- Preparing fresh ingredients ready for service to Fuller's Chef Guild Standards
Things to consider
- This is an incredibly rewarding and challenging role. You should enjoy working within a fast-paced hot kitchen
- Please ensure you research your travel commitments
- Evenings and weekend work required
- As an Apprentice, you will be able to apply for the NUS Apprentice Extra card - this will allow you to gain discounts on travel, food and on over 200 online and high street retailers
- Salary dependant on qualifications and experience
This vacancy may close early if we receive a high volume of applications.
- Desirable - GCSEs at grades A*-C/4-9 (or equivalent) in English and maths
Commis Chef Apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- Knowledge and Understanding, Skills, and Behaviours
- Regular visits from the college to the workplace
- Observations and assessments in the workplace
- Ongoing training and assessment from the employer
- End point assessment
Please apply via the link.