Student and Centre Services Team Leader
Our Professional Services departments are an exciting place to be right now, full of variety, opportunity, and career development. A fantastic position has opened at our Durham University International Study Centre for a Student and Centre Services Team Leader to join on a maternity cover contract. We are looking for someone with a background in leading/managing a team in an educational environment. You will need to be adaptable, resilient, and dynamic, with experience working in a fast moving environment.
In this role, you will lead the Student and Centre Support Services team through day-to-day management, which includes task delegation, monitoring, resourcing and problem solving. You’ll ensure high levels of customer service and support is provided for our students, including planning and delivering induction and registration, coordinating student enhancement activities, processing student data and maintaining accurate records, managing processes in relation to UKVI compliance and police registration, managing the Student Support Helpdesk and centre support for students and staff.
- Day-to-day management of the Student and Centre Services Team
- Monitoring of the quality of support from Student Services and related processes and procedures, providing training as required.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the Student Support Helpdesk which includes organisation of the staff rota, gathering of information from other functional areas, targeting problem areas which lead to poor service, regular communication and review of the service with the wider team.
- Overall responsible for the organisation and management of registration, arrivals, induction, activities and events, and providing support and guidance to team members carrying out the activities—this will also include participation in the events/activities
- You will have experience managing/leading a team in a relevant education environment.
- You will need a solid understanding or experience managing processes in relation to UKVI Compliance.
- If you have experience coordinating/managing events then this would be highly desirable.
- Experience working with student registrations, arrivals and inductions would be a huge advantage.
- Competitive salaries
- A 25-day holiday (For full time) allowance that is not restricted to outside of term time.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
Please apply via the link.