Assistant Director for Curriculum and Progression
Study Group’s pathway programmes are specially designed, university-recognised courses that help students to gain the academic, English language and learning standards necessary in order to succeed in the UK or European education environment. The University of Sheffield International College is the largest pathway college within the UK & Europe with over 1,000 students enrolled annually.
The Assistant Director for Curriculum and Progression will lead a team of curriculum managers to deliver a great student experience both inside and outside the classroom. As a senior leader, you will play a key role in leading a team and setting high expectations for students and teachers, which allows them to achieve the best possible outcomes for our students and stakeholders. You will be accountable with the support of our Head of Quality Assurance, Enhancement and Innovation for achieving excellent student outcomes, quality assurance and enhancement of our curriculum.
- To provide ongoing training for academic staff in collaboration with the Head of Quality Assurance, Enhancement and Innovation and Advanced Practitioner
- Oversee effective and efficient academic management and co-ordination of staff resources across all academic teams
- Provide powerful and inspirational leadership across the college
- Articulate and implement a clear vision to drive forward continuous improvement and enable the College to achieve the aspirational targets for student outcomes
- Work closely with our Head of Quality Assurance, Enhancement and Innovation to assure the maintenance academic standards, the quality of learning opportunities, the accuracy and completeness of published information, ensuring that they are managed appropriately and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the college.
- You will have proven experience of strategic leadership in a complex multi-disciplinary environment, with evidence of significant success and results.
- You will have a strong understanding of UK Higher Education and experience of managing programmes of study and staff in an international and/or UK further and/or Higher Education context.
- You will be able to articulate and implement a clear vision to drive forward continuous improvement and make sure that we achieve our targets for student outcomes.
- You will be able to demonstrate strong ability and a track record of collaborative working, which would facilitate strong working relationships with the University, as well as across the Study Group network.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is essential (Business and Economics desirable), with a post graduate or teaching qualification being desirable.
- Competitive salaries.
- A 30-day holiday allowance.
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
Please apply via the link.