Senior Job Coach
Barking & Dagenham College is a vibrant and highly successful College in East London with circa 12,500 students, circa 500 established staff and a turnover of £35m. The College offers routes into learning from entry level through to MBA level, including apprenticeships, higher level apprentices, higher education and job centre plus clients. We have technical specialist areas from level 3 and above with a broad based curriculum up to level 2. We are immensely proud of the achievements of our students, our entrepreneurial and motivated staff team and our extensive partnership network. The College trains circa 850 apprentices, including circa 110 higher level apprenticeships and delivers work place training, traineeships and higher level technical and professional specialisms up to MBA level in our 4 strategic vocational areas; Construction, Design & Management; Engineering including mechatronics & robotics; Digital Creative; Health & Social Care and Leadership and Management across the pan London occupational sectors.
As the Senior Job Coach within the College, you will be central to our students’ work and industry placement opportunities, liaising with business and agencies to remove employment barriers and drive engagement for young people that support them in making the right start.
Essential duties include:
- Daily supervision and guidance of the BDC job coach team, including agreeing work priorities and problem solving.
- Engaging with employers to ensure a bank of work/industry placement opportunities are available throughout the academic year.
- Facilitate work/industry placement opportunities by matching the skills of each student to an appropriate placement.
- Work directly with students, curriculum and support teams to ensure that students are work ready and confident before going on placement.
- Work in collaboration with curriculum teams including participation in curriculum meetings and business support meetings where appropriate to ensure the effective implementation and recording of placement opportunities.
- You will need to be organised and have a hands-on approach, and be comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment, that places our learners at the heart of everything we do.
Please apply via the link.