Machine Shop Apprentice
Employer Name: Aston Martin Red Bull Racing
Working Week: Monday to Friday
Duration: 36 Months
Possible Start Date: 29/07/2019
Aston Martin Red Bull Racing are inviting candidates to apply for this exciting opportunity within their Manufacturing Department. Do you feel you have what it takes to be their next Apprentice working as part of the Aston Martin Red Bull Racing team spirit?
- As a Machine Shop Apprentice within a fast moving environment of diverse technical challenges you will learn to read and interpret technical engineering drawings making use of CAD/CAM systems in place, understand data and documentation used to be able to manufacture low-volume precision components for our formula 1 cars. These will be made from a wide variety of materials on the latest cutting edge CNC machinery in our state of the art Machine Shop.
- You will therefore develop a good range of machining skills, as well as learn to operate the relevant inspection equipment to measure the components accurately.
- Adhere to and maintain standard operating procedures for machine processes and other operations.
- Contribute to our Continuous Improvement activities.
- Follow company safety procedures and Health and Safety legislation.
Things to consider
- You would be ideally suited to these roles if you are creative and have good attention to detail.
- You will also be required to commit to learning the skills and knowledge required to operate within the different disciplines of the Manufacturing Department both within the Factory and at MK College.
- In return you will receive a competitive salary from day one and we provide an environment for individuals to strive in their career and become a key member of the Manufacturing team.
- Please ensure you are able to travel to Milton Keynes 5 days a week.
- To gain a Machine Shop Apprenticeship with Aston Martin Red Bull Racing you will need to meet all of the entry requirements and get through the application process.
- Placements will be for 3 years, starting in summer 2019.
- Our deadline for Applications is 29 March 2019.
- Assessment centre will be held on 25 April 2019
- Interviews will be held w/c 6 May 2019
5 GCSE's at A*-C/9-4 including Maths, English and Science
- Hard working and punctual to ensure daily targets are met.
- An ability to read and understand instructions provided.
- Demonstrate a high level of self-motivation, commitment and show a keen interest in being part of the Manufacturing Team through your prior studies, projects and hobbies.
- Good communication skills.
- The ability to work well as part of a team is an essential skill within Red Bull Racing.
- Able to learn and adapt quickly.
- Have a good hand eye coordination and an excellent eye for detail.
- Understand mathematical techniques, formula and calculation.
- Enthusiastic and creative.
- Driven with a positive approach.
- Honest and reliable.
- Practical and willing to learn.
Please apply via the link.