Engineering Toolmaker Apprentice
Employer Name: Broadways Stamping Limited
Working Week: Monday to Friday
Duration: 48 Months
Possible Start Date: 19/08/2019
Are you looking to start your career in the Engineering industry? Do you enjoy using your practical skills? This is an ideal opportunity to work for this expanding company where you will receiving training and support during your Apprenticeship.
The successful candidate will be part of a highly skilled team who produce precision tools like dies, moulds and jigs that are used to make parts in manufacturing. You will work with metals, alloys and composite materials known as 'stocks' or castings.
Many machinist centres used in industry are computer numerically controlled (CNC). This means a computer program operates the machine, which you may be responsible for setting and operating.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the tool room manager and other tool makers
- Carrying out maintenance repairs and refurbishment activities on press and mould tools
- Modifications and improvement activities on the press tools
- Record/document die performance and quality concerns regarding the repair details on maintenance reports
- High standard of housekeeping, working in a safe and orderly manner
- Working in a team environment but able to work as an individual
On completion of your apprenticeship, your day to day role is likely to include:
- Working with 2D and 3D computer aided design and manufacturing software (CAD/CAM)
- Marking out the tool design using engineering tooling drawings
- Cutting and shaping tools using a combination of lathes, cutting machines, milling machines and CNC machines
- Checking dimensions with precision measuring instruments like micrometers and gauges/CMM
- Carrying out basic machine maintenance and repairs
- Regrinds and tool repairs
- Servicing tools
Things to consider:
You will normally work around 40 hours a week. You will be based in a factory environment. You will wear overalls, ear and eye protectors and safety shoes for most jobs.
Please ensure that you are able to travel to the employer and College locations.
GCSE English, Maths & Science Grade 4/5 (C) or equivalent
- Maintains a positive outlook at work
- Able to handle criticism well and learn from it
- Able to cope with pressure and setbacks and does not give up easily
- Good attention to detail
- Able to speak, express your opinions and key points clearly and fluently
- Able to work effectively with individuals, teams, staff and customers
- Able to plan ahead and work in a systematic and organised way
- Has a clear focus and awareness of customer satisfaction and delivers a quality service or product to the agreed standards
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Keen to learn and succeed
Please apply via the link.