Engineering Robot Technician Apprentice
Employer Name: Broadways Stamping Limited
Working Week: Monday to Friday
Duration: 48 Months
Possible Start Date: 19/08/2019
Are you looking to start your career in the Engineering industry? Do you enjoy using your practical skills? This is an ideal opportunity to work for this expanding company where you will receiving training and support during your Apprenticeship.
As an Apprentice Engineering Robot Technician reporting to the Production Manager you will be joining a manufacturing team responsible for leading improvement projects in manufacturing processes with the intention to reduce waste, quality losses, energy usage manufacturing costs and increase efficiency, reliability and process safety.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Production Manager and Process Engineers to maintain equipment and drive cost saving initiatives
- Working with the Production Manager to drive continuous improvement
- Supporting production with all quality, productivity and downtime issues relating to the process
- Ensuring overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) data relating to downtime is monitored and improvements actioned
On completion of your apprenticeship, your day to day role is likely to include:
- Ensuring all robot cells are running efficiently
- Providing assistance to the Project Engineers in the installation and commissioning of Robot Cells
- Assist in the implementation of process improvements
- Working with Quality Engineering to develop capable processes to support and maintain a continuous flow of quality products to our customer
- Re-pointing robots as required and report issues to Process Engineer
Things to consider:
You will normally work around 40 hours per week. You will be based in a factory environment. You will wear overalls, ear and eye protectors, and safety shoes for most jobs.
Salary will rise to £422 per week, subject to satisfactory progress.
Please ensure you are able to travel to the employer location and College.
GCSEs Grades 4/5 (C) or above in English, Maths & Science or equivalent
- Maintains a positive outlook at work
- Are able to handle criticism well and learn from it
- Are able to cope with pressure and setbacks and does not give up easily
- Good attention to detail
- Able to communicate, express their opinions and key points clearly and fluently
- Able to work effectively with individuals, teams, staff and customers
- Open to new ideas and experiences, seeks out learning opportunities
- Able to plan ahead and work in a systematic and organised way
- Has a clear focus and awareness of customer satisfaction and delivers a quality service or product to the agreed standards
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Determined and motivated
- Keen to learn and succeed
Please apply via the link.