Assistant Accountant Apprentice
Employer Name: Aston Martin Red Bull Racing
Working Week: Monday to Friday
Duration: 24 Months
Possible Start Date: 29/07/2019
Aston Martin Red Bull Racing are inviting candidates to apply for this exciting opportunity within their Finance Department. Do you feel you have what it takes to be their next Apprentice working as part of the Aston Martin Red Bull Racing team?
You will be required to commit to learning the skills and knowledge required to operate within the different disciplines of our Finance Department.
The role will cover a wide variety of tasks, which could include, but not limited to; income, invoicing and debtor management, supplier management, payments and expenditure and accounting, compliance and financial analysis. The apprentice will gain experience across all of these functions as required and directed by your line manager.
The ability to work well as part of a Team is an essential skill within Aston Martin Red Bull Racing.
Completion of administrative / Finance duties within the Finance department. These can include some or all of the following:
- Finance administration duties for Accounts Payable, Sales Ledger, Treasury and General Ledger as required across the department
- Assist with compliance reporting for external stakeholders
- Assist with Financial analysis
- Assist with internal management reporting
- To meet the demands of qualification requirements and work with the training provider to ensure qualification is obtained within set timescales.
- Attend college/training provider as and when required.
- Meet deadlines of college/training provider.
- Efficient use of systems including: SAP, Outlook, Excel and Word (all systems training will be provided).
- To undertake filing, photocopying, collation of information and general clerical work on behalf of the Finance department.
- To undertake standard word-processing, presentation work, spreadsheet work and database input as required.
- Liaise with line manager for additional duties required.
Things to consider
- You will receive a competitive salary from day one and we provide an environment for individuals to strive in their career and become a key member of the Finance team.
- To gain an Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship with Aston Martin Red Bull Racing you will need to meet all of the entry requirements and get through the application process.
- Please ensure you are able to travel to Milton Keynes 5 days a week.
- Competitive benefits package including 27 days annual leave.
- Interviews will be held w/c 13th May 2019.
- Placements will be for 3 years, starting in summer 2019.
- 5 GCSEs at A*-C/9-4 including Maths and English
- Desirable - Duke of Edinburgh Award (D of E)
Apprenticeship Standard for Assistant Accountant
- AAT Level 3 qualification
- Training to include 2 x units of L2 AAT if not already achieved
- Attendance at College
- Regular visits from the College into the workplace
- Observations and assessments in the workplace
- Use of e-portfolio
- End point assessments
- Ongoing training and support from both employer and College
Please apply via the link.