Engineering Operative Apprentice
Employer Name: UCC Coffee
Working Week: Monday to Friday
Duration: 18 Months
Possible Start Date: 01/07/2019
UCC believe in recruiting and promoting their talent. This is your chance to step into the engineering world and develop your skills for excellent career development. If you enjoy a challenge and solving problems - please apply!
Reporting to the section Team Leader, you will also be provided with a UCC mentor. Your mentor will be able to provide further support and guidance where necessary.
Ideally with a mechanical background, you will be working as part of a target driven team to ensure high standards of service and repair to coffee machine modules.
- After completing a comprehensive induction and extensive training you will be expected to:
- Dismantle each module, clean thoroughly, identify damaged or worn parts, source replacement parts (recording stock usage) and fit accordingly
- Reassemble repaired modules ensuring the highest quality at all times
- Test all completed modules in line with company guideline
- Ensure the workshop and surrounding areas are kept clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure that the Health and Safety policy is always adhered to
- Work to meet company productivity targets in your section, in line with your level of experience
- Accurate completion of appropriate administration forms relevant to your position
- Co-operate with other employees in a professional and friendly manner.
Things to consider
- You will be expected to be 100% committed to your UCC training and duties as well as your college work at all times.
- Please ensure you are able to travel to Milton Keynes.
- Starting salary £15k – reviewed after 6 months
- As an Apprentice you will be able to apply for the NUS Apprentice Extra Card, this will allow you to gain discounts on over 200 online and high street retailers.
GCSE (or equivalent) at A*-C/9-4 in Maths and English
- Patience to carry out repetitive tasks with a mechanical aptitude
- The ability to work quickly to meet production targets
- Good team working skills and the ability to work on your own
- Ability to follow strict health and safety guidelines and quality procedures
- A willingness to work flexibly
- Computer literate
- Willing to enrol on an 18 month apprenticeship programme
- Good attention to detail and troubleshooting skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Manual dexterity
- Able to meet deadlines
- Good team worker
Please apply via the link.