Employer Name: CTE Advanced Technologies Ltd
Working Week: Monday to Friday
Duration: 36 Months
Possible Start Date: 19/08/2019
Do you have a passion to work in the engineering industry? This role will involve working within a small Fabrication and Welding where you will learn about TIG welding and fabrication.
As part of a small Fabrication and Welding team, the Apprentice will learn the basic principles of TIG welding and fabrication including sheet metal work. Progressing over several years to become a multi skilled individual with extensive and wide-ranging abilities that are highly valued in industry.
The role will include using a variety of material selection, marking out, preparing, measuring and cutting. Shaping and forming using many different methods, hand tools and machines. Preparing machinery for welding and TIG welding. Post welding cleaning and polishing. The apprentice is responsible for the quality, timeliness and accuracy of the finished job.
The majority of the metal work at CTE is in thin gauge stainless steel, Inconel or aluminium. These are all high value materials and considered to be more challenging to work with than 'standard' mild steel. All components are made following engineering drawings, patterns/templates or to fit into pre-existing jigs and fixtures. The apprentice will be able to interpret these drawings etc. and use them as work instructions.
Main responsibilities will include:
- To discuss each job, at the outset, with the supervisor ensuring they have a full understanding of requirements
- To resolve any issues directly with their supervisor during the fabrication process or if he is unavailable an alternative supervisor
- To agree time and quality review points, if applicable, with their supervisor at the start of each job
- To be responsible for ensuring that Tricorn timekeeping is updated on a consistent basis. (Tricorn is our time recording system).
- To be responsible for quality and delivery of parts to agreed standards, based upon the information in the drawings, job card and job pack
- To address any serious concerns regarding timing and/or quality with the supervisor in a timely fashion, in order that corrective action to be taken without compromising customer deadlines
- To review finished jobs with the supervisor and approve subject to acceptable quality or determine any remedial work as required prior to sign off by the inspection department
- Support and provide guidance to apprentice staff to maximise their effectiveness in the workshop
- Ensure strict adherance to health and safety guidelines at all times
- To carry out all other duties as are reasonably required to support the smooth and efficient running of the business
Things to consider:
- Please ensure you are able to travel to the employer location
- GCSE qualifications in English, Maths & Science
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Engineering Manufacture - Fabrication & Welding pathway
- Level 2 Performing Engineering Operations
- Level 2 Award in Industrial Environmental Awareness
- EAL Level 3 Certificate in Engineering Technologies
- Functional Skills qualifications (if required)
- Attendance at College - Chaffron Way Campus
- Regular visits from the employer into the workplace
- Observations and assessments in the workplace
- Use of e-portfolio
- Ongoing training and support from both College and employer
Please apply via the link.