Apprentice Software Solutions Support Consultant
Employer Name: Qi Ltd
Working Week: Monday to Friday
Duration: 18 Months
Possible Start Date: 06/05/2019
We have an immediate opening for a Software Solutions Support Apprentice to provide support to our existing customers and the rest of the team here at Qi. Could you be one of them? Our ethos as a small business is to provide the necessary internal and external training to provide the platform for an individual’s development.
What might our new team member ultimately be involved with following their training? The following includes various areas of our business and we seek to help our staff to understand and develop their potential areas of expertise.
All Applicants will start their time with Qi:
- Learning in specific areas (Microsoft ERP, Sage 50 Accounts, Sage 50 Manufacturing, Office 365 apps)
- Providing telephone and remote access support to our customers on a variety of applications and issues.
- Balancing workday between multiple projects and responding promptly to customers and the rest of your team.
- Reporting issues and concerns immediately to your line manager
As your knowledge develops and your areas of expertise become clearer:
- Code and test programming for Microsoft and Access
- Migration projects for customers on legacy accounting and manufacturing software to a Microsoft ERP (planning, preparation, delivery and training)
- Troubleshooting system bugs and issues
Things to consider:
- Please ensure you are able to travel to the employers location.
- 15 minute walk from Leighton Buzzard station
- Free parking
- Safe bike/motorbike parking
- Christmas party
- Regular nights out e.g. quiz night and bowling
- Kitchen area to make snacks/hot drinks
- Free tea and coffee
- Great team atmosphere
- Annual leave of 20 days a year plus bank holidays in the first year – rising thereafter in line with years of service.
- GCSE English and Maths A*-C/ 4-9
- IT BTEC level 3 at Merit or Distinction
The Apprenticeship will incorporate face to face workshops, online learning and on the job experience.
In addition to achieving a Level 3 IT Infrastructure qualification the apprentice will also study for the following:
- City & Guilds Knowledge Module 1 – Networking & Architecture
- City & Guilds Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile & Operating Systems
- City & Guilds Knowledge Module 2 – Cloud Services
- City & Guilds Knowledge Module 4 – Coding & Logic
- ITIL Foundation Level
Please apply via the link.