Apprentice Engineering CNC Machinist
Employer Name: Crosby Composites Ltd
Working Week: Mon - Fri, 08:00 - 16:30
Duration: 48 Months
Possible Start Date: 19/08/2019
Are you looking to start a career in Engineering? Do you enjoy working on practical tasks? This role will involve setting up and operating CNC machinery producing products for the Automotive industry as well as learning to use CAD and CAM.
Crosby Composites has an exciting opportunity for an apprentice, based in our Brackley site, doing CNC Machining.
Reporting to the CNC Manager, and working in a small team, the candidate will be trained to set up and operate various 3 & 5 axis CNC machines. Machining mainly tooling board to produce patterns for the Automotive industry.
The candidate will also have training in the CAD, CAM, hand finishing and inspection departments.
- 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Health Cash Plan
- Employee access to 100s of exclusive discounts and offers from online and high-street retailers
- The opportunity to be part of a growing company.
Things to consider:
- Please ensure you are able to travel to the employer location
- Salary will be reviewed as you progress and your skills grow
- GCSE Grades A-C/4-9 in English, Maths & Science (or equivalent)
- Apprenticeship Standard for Engineering Technician Level 3 Pathway 9 - Machinist
- Attendance at Chaffron Way Campus - 3 days per week in Year 1, 1 day per week in Years 2 & 3, no college attendance in Year 4
- Regular visits from the College in the workplace
- Observations and assessments in the workplace
- Use of e-portfolio
- End point assessment
- Ongoing training and support from both the employer and College
Please apply via the link.