Finance Business Partner
Nottingham College is one of the largest further education colleges in the country creating opportunities for employment and progression to higher education for the people of Nottingham and Nottinghamshire; raising their prosperity and that of the local economy.
Nottingham College is looking to recruit a business partner to work with a range of budget holders. This role will involve supporting and challenging budget preparing the management accounts and leading on the forecast and budgeting process. It is essential that this person has very strong interpersonal and Excel skills.
We are looking for someone who is CIMA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent qualification). Part qualified will be considered for the right candidate.
Duties will include but are not limited to;
- Budget setting and monitoring.
- Carry out monthly finance meetings with budget holders to report their current position including variance analysis and investigate resolutions to negative variances.
- Updating of the forecast outturn.
- Various management reporting for a wide range of users.
- Assisting with the maintenance of finance returns and reconciliations.
- Assisting with year-end accounts.
- Preparation of month end close down including journal preparation and input.
- Any other duties which may be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities of the post.
Benefits of working at the College:
- 24 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays and college efficiency days.
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted travel schemes, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership, days out and eating out offers and many more.
The post will be shortlisted against the essential and desirable criteria at application on the person specification. Please ensure that you have a look at this specification attached to the Role Profile and complete your application directly from this as these are an integral part of the selection process.
The closing date for applications is Friday 22nd March 2019
Interviews are to be scheduled from the week commencing 25th March 2019
For further details on this post which the job profile and person specification cannot answer for you, please contact David Beighton Senior Business Partner on 0115 884 2303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the post.
Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
Please be aware that the College is currently undertaking job evaluation on all roles and implementing a new pay and grading system and new contractual documentation. Applicants should be aware that the advertised salary for this role represents the salary at the point of advertising but that this may change under the new pay and grading system.
Please be aware that this job is offered on Nottingham College terms and conditions of employment.
Please apply via the link.