Lecturer in Electrical Engineering
INTERVIEWS: 3RD APRIL 2019
Are you an experienced Lecturer or an Electrical Engineer thinking about a career change? If so, why not come and join our team. We are seeking to appoint a self-motivated individual to the role of Lecturer to deliver across our Engineering courses. If you are passionate about your industry and are ready to pass on your skills, knowledge and expertise to the next generation of Engineers then this could be the ideal position for you.
The role will involve teaching Electrical Engineering students up to Level 3 on the EAL & Btec Diploma as well as delivering taught sessions within a workshop environment to advanced apprentices and full time college students.
The successful candidate must:
- Hold a relevant qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Have Industrial experience in Electrical / Process Engineering / Automation / PLC’s
- Have a willingness to impart industrial knowledge to the next generation of Engineers
- Hold a relevant Teaching Qualification or Assessors Award (or be willing to achieve within a set period from appointment)
The Golden Hello payment would be a maximum payment of £6,000 payable as follows:
- £2000 on appointment
- £2000 on successful completion of probationary period
- £2000 on successful completion of Certificate in Education and 2 years’ service with excellent performance
The benefits package includes generous annual leave, membership of final salary or career average pension scheme, professional development and training, free on-site car parking, and other voluntary benefit schemes, including cycle to work scheme.
St Helens College is committed to Equality and Diversity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, students and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by UK Visas & Immigration to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Therefore, we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Please note we do not accept CV’s from recruitment agencies. Any speculative CVs sent to the College will NOT be considered.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to submit your application as soon as possible.