Our University of Surrey International Study Centre is looking for an experienced Economics Tutor to join the Business team. Teaching on our International Foundation Year (Level 3), you will provide innovative, engaging, and student centred lessons to our small classes, that average around 10-15 students. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to the design, delivery, and development of units and teaching sessions, as well as prepare and deliver teaching lectures, seminars, and tutorials. If you are a student centred Tutor, enthusiastic about Economics, and with a passion for teaching international students, then this is a unique opportunity that shouldn’t be missed.
This centre is based in the beautiful town of Guildford, in the heart of a campus that is extremely picturesque with a calm, peaceful atmosphere. The centre offers an International Foundation programme, a Pre-Masters programme, and English language preparation courses. There are a variety of pathways offered on both programmes as well as a variety of students from all across the globe.
- Delivering modules (through teaching) to international students studying on programmes offered by the Centre and assisting with the development of modules
- Preparing module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, marking and providing feedback to students, including re-sit examinations
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the Centre’s virtual learning environment (VLE). Facilitating student access to same
- Providing input for related modules to the annual review and reporting process
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
- Providing, when/if required, academic learning support to a small number of students
- Participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff
- You will be a student centred Tutor, with experience in teaching Economics at Level 3 or above, in a Further Education or Higher Education setting.
- Experience teaching at Undergrad level would be highly advantageous.
- A Masters Qualification is desirable.
- Experience teaching small classes or seminars would be highly desirable.
- You’ll be able to show examples of lesson content that you have designed, developed, and delivered.
- We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, working in partnership with a number of Top Tier University Partners. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
Please apply via the link.