Curriculum Manager - Personal and Social Development
Looking for a career where you can change lives?
For more than two decades, Novus has been delivering education, training and employment opportunities to adults and young people in UK prisons.
Over the years we have built a reputation as an innovator in the fight to reduce re-offending rates by transforming people's lives through learning and skills.
We have a great opportunity at HMYOI Cookham Wood to join the education team as our Curriculum Manager specialising in Personal Social Development permanent, full time (37 hours) basis.
The purpose of the role is to manage and develop your curriculum area, contributing towards improving standards or Young People's achievement and assisting in the further development of the teaching practice. This is a challenging but rewarding role and we need someone who is flexible and resilient, with the ability to encourage, engage and motivate, to help give children and young people a brighter future.
HMYOI Cookham Wood, Rochester, is a custodial establishment for Young People, aged between the ages of 15 and 18. There are currently around 170 young people in the YOI with an operational capacity of 186. All young people work towards English and Maths qualifications, as well as ICT, PSD, and vocational pathways which include construction, creative arts, healthy living, customer service, catering and horticulture. We also offer an Advice and Guidance service which helps our young people with post release opportunities.
In order to do this successfully you'll need to:
- Have knowledge of Curriculum Development and developments at appropriate levels within subject specialism
- Have a track record of effective teaching or training experience
- Be able to lead and motivate a curriculum team with a focus on continuous improvement
- Have a teaching qualification at Level 4 (Level 5 - new standards)
- Hold a subject specialism Level 4 qualification (Level 5 - new standards)
- Experience in Personal and Social Development, Art and Employability is beneficial
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the key responsibilities, key result areas and Qualifications/Skills and Experience detailed within the role profile.
Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. All roles are subject to job evaluation.
Please apply via the link.