Finance Administrator - Accounts Receivable
Nottingham College is one of the largest further education colleges in the country creating opportunities for employment and progression to higher education for the people of Nottingham and Nottinghamshire; raising their prosperity and that of the local economy.
We are currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Administrator who has detailed knowledge and experience of sales ledger and credit control processes. Your main responsibility will be invoicing and debt collection of the non-levy charge imposed by the government on employers of students.
You will be an excellent communicator and be able to work fast yet accurately. As a good team player you will work closely with the team to ensure financial regulations and service standards are met.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Setting up instalment plans and monitoring for any rejections, with appropriate remedial actions
- Performing credit control according to Finance procedures
- Deal with telephone queries or other ad hoc requests from students, other customers, or internal stake holders, ensuring that department service level targets are met
- Processing cash receipts from college activities, including canteens. Preparing banking and arranging collection
- Controlling college floats, arranging cash top-ups where required and ensuring that appropriate claims are made in accordance with finance procedures
Benefits of working at the College:
- 24 days annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays and college efficiency days.
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Staff benefits scheme including: discounted travel schemes, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership, the option to purchase an NUS card, days out and eating out offers.
The post will be shortlisted against the essential and desirable criteria at application stage from the person specification. Please ensure that you have a look at this specification attached to the Role Profile and complete your application directly from this, as these specifications are an integral part of the selection process.
The closing date is 28th February 2019.
Interviews/assessments are planned for week commencing 4th March 2019.
Please be aware that the College is currently undertaking job evaluation on all roles and implementing a new pay and grading system and new contractual documentation. Applicants should be aware that the advertised salary for this role represents the salary at the point of advertising but that this may change under the new pay and grading system.
Please be aware that this job is offered on Nottingham College terms and conditions of employment.
Please apply via the link.