Head of Quality, Curriculum and Progression
The Head of Academic Quality, Curriculum and Progression will join the Senior Management Team at our University OF Strathclyde International Study Centre, and work to deliver excellent student outcomes, quality assurance and enhancement in the curriculum.
You will be responsible for a team of academic staff and for overseeing the delivery and effectiveness of the programmes and the overall quality of the academic delivery. Reporting to the Head of Centre, you will work closely with senior colleagues within and outside the Centre to work towards the delivery of contractually required progression rates.
You will have leadership of, accountability for and direct line management responsibility for a team of circa 10 Tutors, as well as working in close collaboration with the Head of English and the Subject leads.
Consequently, you will demonstrate recent successful line management experience in an academic/educational context in a relevant subject discipline and have a proven ability to engage with an HEI in collaborative developments.
This role is based in our Strathclyde centre, located in the heart of Glasgow in an alluring University Campus. The centre offers run three programmes: International Foundation, Year One, and Pre-Masters, and has excellent student outcomes and feedback. The team are all friendly and professional, promoting a collective mentality, regularly sharing our ideas and methods.
- Provide effective and efficient academic management and co-ordination of staff resources across the academic team working closely with the HoC and Professional Services.
- Provide academic leadership to programme teams, taking overall responsibility for academic standards, the quality of learning opportunities, ensuring that they are managed appropriately and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Centre.
- Work closely with the Professional Services Manager and subject leads to ensure that timetables and assessment schedules are created and delivered effectively.
- Deliver the curriculum effectively and efficiently in collaboration with subject leads and the Head of English.
- Develop close and effective working relations with key partners in the University of Strathclyde.
- You will need experience of providing leadership in a complex multi-disciplinary education environment.
- Experience of successfully motivating and leading teachers to embed successful practice through a process of change.
- You will have a strong understanding of UK Higher Education and experience of managing support activity and staff in an international and/or UK further and/or Higher Education context.
- You will have a background in teaching, preferably in Business or similar.
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, working in partnership with a number of Top Tier University Partners. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.
Please apply via the link.