Trainer - Multi Skills
Looking for a career where you can change lives?
For more than two decades, Novus has been delivering education, training and employment opportunities to adults and young people in UK prisons.
Over the years we have built a reputation as an innovator in the fight to reduce re-offending rates by transforming people's lives through learning and skills.
We have a great opportunity at HMP Wormwood Scrubs to join the team as a Trainer - Multi-skills on a permanent, full time (37 hours per week) basis.
This position would be suitable for a Trainer with a solid background in vocational delivery under following disciplines:
- Information Advice & Guidance
- Financial Benefit & Debt
The purpose of this role is to deliver high quality, learner focused vocational training to meet contractual requirements and Awarding Body standards. To do this successfully you'll need to:
- Hold a qualification to allow the delivery of accreditation in the relevant vocational area to Level 3 (Essential)
- Hold an Assessor award required by Awarding Bodies, if relevant
- Hold PTLLS qualification
- To hold or commit to gain an Internal Verifier award within 1 year (dependent upon course accreditation requirements)
- Hold at least a Level 1 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy
- Hold at least a Level 2 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy or be willing to commit to gaining the qualification(s) within 1 year
- Gain/hold and maintain a clean, enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
In addition to your annual salary, you will receive a GBP 3,000 taxable attraction, payable on successful completion of your probation period (9 months). Followed by an additional GBP 2,000 taxable paid on completion of a full 2 years service.
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the key responsibilities, key result areas and Qualifications/Skills and Experience detailed within the role profile.
Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. All roles are subject to job evaluation.
Please apply via the link.