We are seeking a sessional Maths Tutor to join our well established and highly experienced STEM team. You’ll have the chance to deliver highly effective modules across one or all of our courses that could include the International Foundation (Level 3) and the International Year 1 (Level 4) programme. Joining this highly collaborative team will offer you a unique working experience, with the opportunity to work a number of tasks including; contributing to the design and development of modules, preparing and delivering innovative lectures, seminars and tutorials, and preparing modules examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessments. This will be to small classes (10-15 students) of International students, so a student centred, innovative and creative teaching approach is required.
This position is based in The University of Sussex International Study Centre in a campus that offers a unique combination of tranquillity and energy. The centre is surrounded by a breath-taking national park, yet at the same time we are a short train or bus journey from Brighton. Brighton has fantastic transport links, so you'll easily be able to explore the rest of the UK and Europe.
- Delivering modules (through teaching) to international students studying on programmes offered by the Centre and assisting with the development of modules.
- Preparing module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, marking and providing feedback to students, including re-sit examinations.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the Centre’s virtual learning environment (VLE). Facilitating student access to same.
- Providing input for related modules to the annual review and reporting process.
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance.
- Providing, when/if required, academic learning support to a small number of students.
- Participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff.
- You will be a student centred Maths Tutor, with experience in teaching Maths at Level 3 or above, in a Further Education or Higher Education setting.
- Experience teaching at Undergrad level would be highly advantageous.
- You’ll require a Master Qualification in Maths, or a relevant subject area.
- Experience teaching small classes or seminars would be highly desirable.
- You’ll be able to show examples of lesson content that you have designed, developed, and delivered.
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, working in partnership with a number of Top Tier University Partners. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.
Please apply via the link.