Employer: Fil'sHair Stop
Working Week: 40 hours - Tues-Sat
Duration: 24 Months
Possible Start Date: 04/05/2019
This is an amazing opportunity for an individual to become a great stylist. Do you have passion, flair and enthusiasm for hairdressing? Are you willing to learn and develop hairdressing skills? Please read through and apply!
You will be employed as a Salon Apprentice, assisting senior staff in all areas of the profession, whilst training and gaining job specific skills in the industry. We are a very busy salon located in the village of Cranfield. We have a buzzing atmosphere and are family run with lovely clients and a warm welcome. Working closely with Wella and their products, we keep up with the latest trends, styles, colours and there is always an opportunity to learn more.
Job role & responsibilities will include:
- Meeting and greeting clients.
- Making refreshments.
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy at all times.
- Assisting senior stylists.
- Shampooing & conditioning clients hair.
- Ensuring Health & Safety is adhered to at all times.
- Reception - making and receiving calls.
- Stock checks.
- Training in all areas of hairdressing to include; Blow drys, sets, colours, and cuts.
- Cutting both ladies and men's hair
- Client consultations.
Things to consider:
- Please ensure you are able to travel to the employers location to the village of Cranfield.
- This is a busy, family run salon.
- Hairdressing is an occupation which will require you being busy for long periods of time.
- It is important that you look smart and professional at all times.
- Your hours of work will include evening work and Saturdays.
- As an Apprentice you will be able to apply for the NUS Apprenitce extra card. This will allow you to gain discounts on travel, food on over 200 high street and online retailers.
- Desirable - Grade C/4 above in English and Maths (or equivalent qualifications).
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Be able to communicate effectively, face to face and on the phone.
- To be punctual, professional and approachable at all times.
- To have good practical, organisational and social skills.
- Able to finish tasks in a timely manner.
- Good attention to detail.
Full Apprenticeship Standard in Hairdressing Professionals:
- Teaching assessments and observations in the workplace
- Ongoing training and support from the employer
- College attendance to Bletchley Campus
- Functional Skills (if required)
- Demonstrate the professionalism, values, behaviours, communication skills along with safe working practices
- End point assessment
Please apply via the link.