Head of Curriculum (Learning and Development)
At Study Group, we strive for a world class service to be provided to our students and HEI partners in every aspect of what we do and work hard to equip our centres and staff with the strategies, support, and guidance needed to ensure this. Working alongside the Director of Learning, Teaching and Quality Enhancement you will drive strategic initiatives which will enhance the quality and standard of Study Group’s UK academic portfolio, pedagogic innovations, CPD for academic staff, learning delivery and assessment in order to deliver the best possible academic outcomes for students.
To flourish in this role, you’ll need credibility gained from experience and understanding gained at all levels of HE. You will have a passion for Teaching and Learning, with a respect for Lecturers.
We are looking for someone that works independently, but is also a team player as you work closely with the central team. With this role comes great variety as well as flexibility, whilst working with a wide range of Academic professionals. There are lots of opportunities to engage in other projects as we continue to develop and grow as a business. You can be based anywhere in the UK, and there will be lots of travel involved, so a comfortability in doing this is essential.
- To support the strategic development of new curricula for validation and approval across the UK and Europe study centres at level 3, 4, and 6 to ensure Provider expectations and all external reference points are met.
- Liaise effectively with Marketing, Sales, the Regional Management Teams, Admissions and the Academic Registry to ensure that the curriculum and outcomes are appropriate to the needs of our learners and HEI partners.
- Identify opportunities for future portfolio development based on Centre, HEI and market feedback.
- Embed innovative practice into Centres to improve student outcomes and facilitate progression onto an HEI award.
- To develop frameworks that support network-wide replacement opportunities for students at risk of non-progression
- To support Centres to develop their approach to learning, teaching and assessment in order to improve student retention and achievement whilst also enhancing staff performance.
- Strong track record in curriculum development activities and assessment methods in a HE setting.
- Evidence of driving innovation and continuous improvement in a HE setting.
- An understanding of how to deliver interventions to enhance student achievement.
- Thorough knowledge of the UK Quality Code and national educational architecture including RQF, subject benchmarks, FHEQ and OFQUAL processes.
- A minimum of a Masters Qualification.
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, working in partnership with a number of Top Tier University Partners. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.
Please apply via the link.