This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Royal Holloway International Study Centre teaching Maths to students from all over the world. We are looking for a Maths enthusiast, with a student centred approach, and an interest in pedagogy, to join the STEM team teaching 8-12 hours per week. You would be teaching our unique modules on the International Foundation Programme (Level 3), covering Pure Maths and Core Maths. Our classes are on average between 10-15 students, so you’ll need to be innovative and creative with your lessons, ensuring that they are as engaging as possible for our students. With this, you will receive autonomy in a great working environment that is full of team spirit. If you are a pro-active and organised Tutor that can work to deadlines and is passionate about your subject this is a unique role that comes with ample development opportunities.
Royal Holloway is located in Egham, Surrey, and a quiet, student-friendly town. Although the campus is only 40 minutes from central London by train, the surroundings are a world away from the busy capital. Situated in 135 acres, and close to Runnymede National Trust Park, the College provides excellent facilities. The office has an excellent vibe, full of fun and friendly people, all passionate about the centre and international education.
- Delivering modules (through teaching) to international students studying on programmes offered by the Centre and assisting with the development of modules
- Preparing module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, marking and providing feedback to students, including re-sit examinations
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the Centre’s virtual learning environment (VLE). Facilitating student access to same.
- Providing input for related modules to the annual review and reporting process
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance
- Providing, when/if required, academic learning support to a small number of students
- Participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff.
- You will be a student centred Maths Lecturer, with experience in teaching Maths at Level 3 or above, in a Further Education or Higher Education setting.
- Experience teaching at Undergrad level would be highly advantageous.
- You’ll require a minimum of a Degree in Maths, or a relevant subject area.
- Experience teaching small classes or seminars would be highly desirable.
- You’ll be able to show examples of lesson content that you have designed, developed, and delivered.
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, working in partnership with a number of Top Tier University Partners. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Please apply via the link.