Student Recruitment and Admissions Assistant
Leeds City College is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1400 employees and over 17,400 students. Offering a diverse curriculum within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment, our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
Fixed Term until September 2019
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop your customer service and administration skills within an educational setting?
We are looking for a hardworking, committed individual who is willing to take on new challenges in a front of house and admissions setting.
You will be working on a busy reception setting but also play a major role in ensuring that students have an amazing journey from application to enrolment at Leeds City College.
Then you need to know more about one of the largest FE college groups in the North of England.
The 50 plus strong Student Recruitment and Marketing Department is located in central Leeds with easy access to the train station and the contact centre is the hub of all communication with potential and existing students.
You will be leading a team of customer service advisors setting objectives and training the team with a long term goal in mind.
Below are the just some of the tasks your typical day will be filled with:
- To be the first point of contact for potential students including helping to fill in applications and offering advice and guidance to students
- Tracking student applications and ringing, texting and emailing students
- Take an active part in all college student recruitment related events such as open days and curriculum specific activities.
- To promote course specific curriculum programs and activities
- Literacy and Numeracy at Level 2 or above
- Good communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent IT Skills
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Good problem solving
Leeds City College is committed to Equality of Opportunity (ensuring everyone is treated fairly) and safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants are required to complete an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check as well as mandatory pre-employment checks which may also include checking social media profiles. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Please apply via the link.