Foundation Learning Keyworker/Instructor
Closing date: Wednesday 30 January 2019
Interview date: Thursday 7 February 2019
We are seeking to appoint a Key Worker/Instructor to support young people into employment and further learning.
Tasks will include: Delivering a minimum of 15 hours practical or skilled based training on College programmes working closely with young people, employers and partners, liaising with referral agencies e.g. Connexions, involvement with delivery with some aspects of foundation learning curriculum, sourcing employment and further learning opportunities for young people, challenging young people to achieve targets, report writing, target setting/reviewing and maintaining accurate records.
The successful candidates will have:
- Level 3 qualification in Teaching, Youth Work, Mentoring and/or Counselling or relevant subject
- PTTLS/ CTTLS or A1/V1 qualification, or be willing to work towards
- Experience of working with young people
- Experience of working with employers
- Experience of teaching, instructing and/or assessing
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Ability to work as part of a team is essential
- Drive and enthusiasm as a key member of a small team
- Knowledge of Foundation Learning curriculum
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible attitude to working hours and working off-site as required
We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to complete and submit your application form as soon as possible.
The benefits package includes generous annual leave, membership of final salary or career average pension scheme, professional development and training, free on-site car parking, and other voluntary benefit schemes, including childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme.
St Helens College is committed to Equality and Diversity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, students and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by UK Visas & Immigration to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Therefore, we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Please note we do not accept CV’s from recruitment agencies. Any speculative CVs sent to the College will NOT be considered.