Lecturer, Sports Turf Apprenticeships
We are looking to recruit a Sports Turf Apprenticeships Lecturer to join our successful Horticulture team. This role requires an outstanding lecturer to deliver effective teaching, learning & assessment and support to our students, both on campus and in their working environments, helping them to maximise their potential and make positive progress towards their timely success, future study and employment. You will be able to inspire and motivate our students and make a significant contribution to our successful programmes.
The Sports Turf Apprenticeships Lecturer will be educated to Level 3 standard as a minimum and confident to teach the principles of sports turf management:
- Health and safety in the workplace
- Maintain and develop personal performance with effective communication
- Preparing ground for seed or turf
- Establishing seed or turf
- Pest, weed and disease identification and control
- Maintaining the condition of sports turf
- Renovation and repair of sports turf
- Use and maintain, hand held powered and non-powered equipment
- Use and maintain pedestrian powered equipment
- Use and maintain ride on powered equipment
- Prepare and operate a tractor and attachments
The ideal candidate for this role will possess a recognised teaching qualification, or the willingness to undertake teacher training. You will be a professional, hardworking and confident team player with a track record of good or outstanding teaching or training, and above all you will be passionate about what you do.
As well as a competitive salary, you can also look forward to a great range of benefits including 37 days holiday plus bank holidays (as well as up to 5 efficiency days at Christmas), membership of the Teachers’ pension scheme and free on-site parking.
With over 3,000 students, excellent resources and a drive for continuous improvement, Plumpton College is actively seeking staff who want to make a difference and be part of this exciting phase of our development. At Plumpton College we are Ambitious & Progressive, Enterprising, Professional, Supportive and Passionate about everything we do – if you share these values and would like to be part of our growing team then we’d like to hear from you.
Interviews will be held: Week commencing 4th or 11th February 2019.
Completed application forms should be returned via the apply link.