Specialist Learning Support Assistant
Full time or part time opportunities available. Please state on your application your preference of full time or part time hours.
Term time only, 40 weeks per year.
We’re looking for Specialist Learning Support Assistants with drive and enthusiasm who have direct experience of working with and motivating students. If you would like to work in an educational setting and you are caring, patient and student-centred, then supporting our students with learning difficulties/and or disabilities may be the post for you. You must have a flexible approach to working hours and a willingness to travel between our campus sites.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of working with students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities in an education setting
- An awareness of the 2014 SEND reforms (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities)
- Enthusiasm and commitment to all tasks undertaken
- A minimum of GCSE grades 9-4 / GCSE A*-C in Maths and English, or equivalent, for example Functional Skills L2
- Level 2 qualification relevant to specialist learner support
Wakefield College offers a range of benefits and you will be joining a dedicated team of professionals within the Additional Learning Support area.
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Applications need to be received by 11.00am on Monday 28 January 2019
Interviews to be held week commencing 4 February 2019
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.