Lecturer / Tutor - Offender Learning (Functional Skills English)
Do you like working in a challenging but rewarding environment where each day is different and time flies?
Are you an enthusiastic and talented lecturer/tutor who is looking to transform lives through learning?
Have you ever thought of a career in offender learning?
Milton Keynes College Offender Learning Team on the Isle of Wight are seeking experienced Lecturers/Tutors to deliver a variety of accredited qualifications to a diverse group of learners within their 2 prisons based on the Isle of Wight, helping to build their confidence, develop their skills and achieve within a college environment.
Vacancies and sessional requirements can change frequently so flexible availability is essential, you could also cover across multiple courses if you hold qualifications or expertise in more than one area – For example: English and Maths. A minimum Level 4 teaching qualification would be desirable, however a Level 3 teaching qualification with supporting subject specialism would also be considered.
Milton Keynes College on the Isle of Wight are currently looking for individuals with the below skill sets across a varied Curriculum.
Functional Skills English – Entry to Level 2
This is an exciting time for prison education and a great opportunity to experience prison teaching as a variable hours/sessional tutor with potential to be covering part or full time hours.
Prison education runs all year round, all day Monday-Thursday and generally until lunchtime on a Friday. Delivery hours can range from 4.5-6.5 per day split across two long lessons, within an overall 08:00-17:00 day (please note these times do vary slightly from site to site).
This is an ideal opportunity for a dedicated trainer / lecturer / teacher to deliver high learner success, through effective teaching and delivery. This vacancy would suit a highly motivated teacher, with a can do approach to education. The ideal candidate will be a passionate and creative lecturer, who can thrive upon working within a challenging yet rewarding environment, who can offer skills & knowledge to our learners and guide them throughout their courses. You will be a team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Experience embedding Maths, English, E&D and Employability is essential, in order to successfully deliver the curriculum.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Hold a relevant Degree or Vocational qualification (level 3 or above).
- Hold a recognised teaching qualification at Level 4 or above or willing to work towards. (Minimum Level 3 with supporting subject specialism.)
- Have teaching/training or vocational experience in relevant subject area and relevant up-to-date knowledge.
- Have a proven record of accomplishment of managing and supporting diverse groups of learners through nationally accredited programmes.
- Have experience of identifying, developing and sharing innovative and creative teaching resources.
- Have experience of working with students who may have little experience of education and training (desirable).
- Have knowledge of current curriculum and accreditation developments within Further Education and specific subject area(s).
- Have the ability to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and willing to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
- Have good IT skills and willing to develop further.
- Show accuracy and precision in written presentation.
- The requirement of this role is to work across the whole prison estate, on all wings where education is delivered.
Please apply via the link.