Assessor in Electrical Installation
Salary: £21,402 to £24,786 per annum, plus Golden Hello Payment of up to £6,000
(Payable for a suitably qualified and experienced/exceptional candidate, conditions apply)
We are seeking to appoint a self-motivated individual to the role of Assessor in Electrical Installation. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding area of the curriculum, which boasts continued learner success and achievement.
The role will involve liaising with apprentices and their employers to ensure they each fully understand what the learner needs to complete the apprentice framework. You will carry out the assessment of practical activities in the workplace and guide the learner by setting targets to aid completion.
The successful candidate must:
- Be qualified to Level 3 (NVQ) in Electrical Installation
- Hold PTLLS/A1/Assessors award or willingness to achieve within a set period following appointment
- Have relevant recent experience of working within the construction industry
- Have completed a time served apprenticeship
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of NVQ’s in a construction discipline
- Have the use of a car and a valid UK driving licence as travel between locations is required.
About the Golden Hello… The payment would be a maximum of £6,000 payable as follows:
- £2,000 on appointment
- £2,000 on successful completion of probationary period
- £2,000 on successful completion of Certificate in Education (academic staff only) or 2 years with excellent performance
We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to complete and submit your application form as soon as possible.
The benefits package includes generous annual leave, membership of final salary or career average pension scheme, professional development and training, free on-site car parking, and other voluntary benefit schemes, including cycle to work scheme.
St Helens College is committed to Equality and Diversity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, students and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by UK Visas & Immigration to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Therefore, we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Please note we do not accept CV’s from recruitment agencies. Any speculative CVs sent to the College will NOT be considered.